Friday, September 18, 2009

New York Fashion Week S/S 2010 - Tony Cohen

Fashion Week ended yesterday and I had the good fortune of going to a number of runway shows. I've gone to a total of 11 shows during the entire week! Quite a lot for a first timer. Here is my schedule: Day 1 - Rosa Chà, Day 5 - Kai Milla, Tony Cohen, Gottex, Day 6 - Willow, Tibi, Day 7 - Milly, Maria Pinto, and Day 8 - Trias, Chocheng, and the Argentine Designers Collection. All the shows were unique in their own special ways. My favorite show was probably the Tony Cohen show. The draping and mixing of tough and feminine is right up my alley. Although I was a bit confused about the last 3 pieces of the show, which did not fit in with the rest of the collection, aesthetically. Here're my favorite pieces from the collection:




These 4 pieces are drapey and flowy, pairing them with the platform sandals and strappy gladiator heels give them an edgy, romantic feel.

Edgy and citified white day dress.

Elegant cowl neck dress, subtly sexy. The white jersey looks immensely comfortable.

This dress feels at once rockerish, with the feathered details, and feminine with the white, and flirty with the short hemline.

Chic white cowl neck top and white pants epitomize breezy summer ease.
The whites seem to be a recurring theme in Tony Cohen's collection.

My favorite look of the bunch! Tough black leather jacket with a floaty silhouette.

The layering effect of the v-shape organza is both alluring and light.

More of the drapey silhouette that I love so much!

How pretty and feminine is this? I absolutely adore the color.

In love with the feathered vest!

No comments:

Post a Comment