Saturday, April 11, 2009

British Invasion

Another rainy and windy day in NYC, but that didn't stop me from going out to brunch at Bubby's with my friend. The weather reminds me of London, cold, grey and wet...speaking of which, British fashion megastore, Topshop, made its NYC debut on April 2, more on it below.

Here's what I wore out today.
Raincoat - Gryphon
Rainboots - H&M


Underneath the raincoat
Cardigan - Theory
Dress - AKA
Belt - Gap (way too long since it is a hand-me-down from my hubbie)

I finally checked out Topshop, this past week. The opening was on April 2, but I can't imagine waiting in line for hours to get in so I waited. Apparently, one devoted fan started waiting at 6:00 a.m. for the doors to open at 11:00 a.m.. That's what I call devotion!

There has been so much buzz about the stateside opening of Topshop, but frankly, I was a bit disappointed. The prices are a lot higher than what I expected. As a former boarding school student in the UK, Topshop was one of my favorite clothing store as it was affordable and on trend. The stock at the Broadway store are still on trend: florals, ruffles, bright colors and sequins...lots of sequins...but the prices are a bit steep considering the quality. I have nonetheless scoured the racks and found some great pieces.



Front entrance display.



Bright colors galore on 2nd floor.



Sequined floral top.



Line at the dressing room.



A grey drapey skirt made of sweatshirt material that I wish they had in my size. 



Kate Moss Topshop dress for my mom who takes dance classes. The fabric was so delicate I had a hard time finding one that is not flawed.



Kate Moss Topshop sequin dress that I let go after first trying it on. I decided to get it anyways because I really like the backside draping. I was lucky to find it still hanging in the dressing room rack when I went back for it.






Top - Topshop
Jeans - Seven for All Mankind


Same top from Topshop, but paired with H&M voluminous navy skirt, and Hollywould sandals.


Sandals - Hollywould


Love the intricate neckline.



Top - Topshop

I'm a sucker for lace...what can I say...





Love the lace and the draping on the backside.


No comments:

Post a Comment