Saturday, April 18, 2009

Daisy the milliner/ personal stylist?

I finally went to a hat-making class on Wednesday. It was the most creative fun I've had for a while. About a couple years ago I was at a young designers showcase at FIT and stopped by a booth selling hats. I signed up for their mailing list and kept getting e-mails about their appearance at the next craft fair or millinery workshop. I have recently gotten into wearing hats and so was intrigued by the idea of hat-making. For this class, I learnt to make a cocktail hat. Not sure when I will get to wear it, but it was definitely fun to make. I will definitely be going back for the free form hat-making class come this Fall.

Alice and Olivia lace dress


Otherwise, I spent today going through my friend, Ashleigh's wardrobe and creating outfits. It was fun! Wish I took some photos to share. We even left her apartment wearing one of the outfits: black crochet floppy hat, black and silver disc earrings, black tunic cinched at the waist with a ruffle v-neck neckline, black leggings, flat sandals with embellishment and a watersnake-look bag (a sales lady asked if it was a Beirn bag, which retails for $325, but Ashleigh got it for a lot, lot less) to top off the look. Ashleigh, if you're reading this, please send me a photo of your cute self in the outfit so I can post it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment