Sunday, April 26, 2009

Grey Gardens

If you haven't watched Grey Gardens, go watch it on HBO. It's an intriguing tale of Jackie O's cousin, Edith Bouvier Beale and her mother, who are both eccentric and have a sense of style like nobody else's (wearing a sweater as a snood?). I definitely prefer the glamourous 1930s style of Little Eddie, during the heydays of the Grey Gardens. Also check out the glam style from the same period in Atonement. I also posted some photos of 1930s style dresses I found on the internet. They are mostly biased cut and draping at all the most flattering places. Didn't find that many 30's style clothing in my wardrobe, but here're a few.

A scene from Grey Gardens on HBO.


One of my favorite looks on Grey Gardens.


Amazing emerald green dress in Atonement.





1930's style dress.





Victor Osborne hat
Hayden-Harnett dress


Non-descript dress I bought at the Barneys Warehouse Sale
Jean-Michel Cazabat shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment