Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cupcake dress

This week I started my PR internship with Holstee, a clothing company that has a nonprofit component. What is so great about Holstee is that they combine functional clothing (think tee with a holster position zipper pocket to stash your credit card, cash and breath mints) with doing good. 10% of revenue goes towards micro-finance lending through KIVA. My role is to help Holstee implement its PR strategy, meanwhile looking for a paid job. Otherwise, on my way home, I stopped by Shareen Vintage and scored this frothy pink frock for $40. It's something Barbie would wear. I look like a cupcake, but I kinda like it. I'm not sure what attracts me to this, but lately I've been attracted to sweetheart necklines and puffy bottoms. I've decided to just take photos of this one dress and changing the accessories to switch up the looks. Which is your favorite look? Feel free to comment!





A bit glam with the suede platforms, slightly edgy with the layered chain and pearl necklaces.

Dress - Shareen Vintage
Black suede platforms with white piping - Sergio Rossi
Talon ring - Made Her Think
Pearl and diamond ring - from my mom
bracelet - from my mom
Necklaces - layered necklaces from UO
Faux pearl necklace - unknown








Going for goth with a black choker and ribbon to define the waist.

Choker - Forever 21
Ribbon - came with purchase of the dress


Modern glam

Necklace - Banana Republic
Grey boots - Tashkent by Cheyenne




Going for the Madonna in the 80's look. All that is missing are the long gloves!

Belt - UO
Faux pearl necklace - same as above
Sneakers - Converse by John Varvatos





Same outfit as above adding a motorcycle jacket.

Motorcycle leather jacket - Blues Heroes

No comments:

Post a Comment