Saturday, August 1, 2009

Take the long way home

Maxi dresses have taken up a portion of my wardrobe. I love that they allow room for expansion, especially in the midsection after a full meal. They require minimum thought on styling...wear some bangles and a pair of sandals et voilà. They also make me feel flowy, carefree and ethereal on a hot summer day. All in all I have nothing bad to say about maxi dresses. My first blog post "Spring is here!" also featured some of my favorite maxis. The mint green Rebecca Taylor dress below was what I wore to my City Hall wedding ceremony, exactly 3 years ago. My husband and I are enjoying the journey so far, and sometimes like to take the long way home.








Dress - Sunner
Gold bangles - Amrita Singh
Wood bangle - Forever 21








Dress - Diane von Furstenberg
Bangles - Forever 21, from a street fair
Earrings - The Market NYC (young designer market on 268 Mulberry)
Bag - Hayden-Harnett






Dress - Foley
Bangles - same as above
Necklace - Urban Outfitters
Earrings - same as above
Black strappy wedges - Christian Louboutin


Dress - Vivienne Tam
Blue bead necklace - from my mom (worn as bracelet)
White sandals - Sigerson Morrison



Dress - Miguelina
Pink quartz necklace - Wendy Mink
Silver small disc necklace - Urban Outfitters
Charm necklace - Urban Outfitters
Black patent sandals - APC




Dress - Rebecca Taylor
Cuff - vintage
Necklace - gift from husband







Dress - Rebecca Taylor
Gold leaf necklace - Friction Jewelry
Snake cuff - New York Metropolitan Museum
Brown woven bangles - somewhere in Cambodia
Brown sandals - Mystique

No comments:

Post a Comment